7/03/2013

The Craft Room - Done!


Guess what?  I actually finished the room.
I have AFTER photos.

Are you ready?

The room's not perfect.
I would probably do things a little different.
But it's done, it functions, and I like it.









The kid zone:
The Sewing Space
The Storage Space

The Gift Wrap Station


Where the stuff came from to put the room together:

Room Paint Color: Tempered Sage, Valspar
Green Wall Chalk Boards: Pottery Barn
Homemade Curtains and Fabric from JoAnn's (Thread Holder from JoAnn's too)
Wall Shelves: Lowe's
Desk: Office Depot or Staples?
Storage Baskets: Michael's and Fred Meyer
Word Frames and Wreath: Hobby Lobby
Bird and Birdhouse Picture: Fred Meyer
Gift Wrap Station: Old furniture from D.I. primed and painted white.
I screwed on the curtain rods to the upper shelf unit.
That's what I used to hold the rolls of gift wrap and ribbons.
See close up photo above.
Children's Table and chairs: Target
Mini Chalkboard signs: CostPlus
Sewing Machine: Costco

The truth about the room, now that it's done and I use it:

We still do almost all of our crafting at our kitchen table.
This room serves more as our storage place for craft supplies,
the room is not far from our kitchen.
The computer and family papers are not in this room.
I love that about the room.

It rarely looks like the above photos.
It's a project room, a place to store ongoing projects.
It's great to have a room for just that.

Here's what it looks like most of the time:

 Piles of Laundry, Legos on the floor, etc.
Undone kitchen curtain project, more legos. 
This is why doors are good things.
We just shut the door,
when we need to ignore something for a while.





No comments: