4/28/2009

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Today is my husband's birthday! 
I like posting fun facts about people for their b-days.
Chris' Fun Facts:
  1. He would rather make memories than have things.
  2. Is very careful with money. He is a saver.
  3. He doesn't like change
  4. He has a great sense of humor, but shares it more quietly than others.
  5. He's not a reader, but knows stuff about everything, could easily write a fact book
  6. He loves his job, his patients, but might be embarrassed that I'm writing this
  7. He is humble and doesn't need the spotlight
  8. He is great, great with people. Gets along with everyone, all ages
  9. He likes church statistics.
  10. He is a great dad, loves spending time with the kids.
  11. Cleans the house and takes care of the kids better than me.
  12. He likes watching tv, will watch anything sports, follows sports stats
  13. He knows how to ski jump, olympic style down the long slope where you do the gigantic flip off the ramp. 
  14. He is a folk dancer
  15. Has traveled the world, is gifted with languages
  16. He is smart and wise in all things
  17. He is a calm person, a gift of being calm even in stressful situations
  18. A mtn. biker
  19. Loves his hometown where he grew up
  20. He makes decisions carefully and takes his time when doing so, but met and married me in 4 months. Thinks it worked out okay, because he thinks his kids are cute.
  21. He served his mission in Austria.
  22. He has a keen sense of direction. He rarely, if ever gets lost. Even in unfamiliar places to him.
  23. Not into electronics, gadgets, Best Buy type stores, etc.
  24. Bought our family a car one year for Christmas as a complete surprise to me.
  25. Loves skiing: water and snow
  26. Not a cake person
  27. Likes Rhubarb pie, just rhubarb no strawberries in it
  28. Never cries, except at weddings
  29. Loves his mom, 3 younger brothers very much
  30. Proud of his family
Guess Chris' age today.
Post your guess.
Prize for the winner.
A drawing for ties.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Chris is turning 36. Nobody steal my answer. I don't want a tie with anybody.

Mama Yo said...

Since you and I are about the same age, I'm going to guess 37. You have a great guy there. And what a beautiful picture!

PennStateMama said...

Hmmmm.... 35?

MollyE said...

Oh my, he is turning 37. What an old man!! Ha, ha, We love Chris! He does know so much about everything, I love that. No matter what you start talking about, he can join in the conversation and add interesting facts. Also, he is just super nice and friendly, and I just love him as my long lost older brother! Thanks for coming into our family!

Rebecca said...

You left out something great about Chris, he is genuinely nice to his Mother in Law! We love you Chris, even though are you now 37. Thanks for that big TV you bought for us, I have watched more TV lately than I ever have and loving it . . . I can now see it from the kitchen when I am pretending not to be watching. Happy Birthday! May you live to be a 100, only if you are healthy and of sound mind!

and a PS to Molly, long lost brother? I don't recall losing a son . . .

Sally said...

My guess is 37 too. I had no idea he could ski jump, olympic style.I will have to see this some day. Happy Birthday!!

MollyE said...

I just always wanted an older brother, and now I have one!

Stacey said...

Happy birthday Chris! I'm glad I have someone in the family to talk shoptalk with. I used the ultrasonic on a patient for the first time today and it was awesome the way the calculus just came right off. I've even tried some of your tricks, you know the ones you tried on me, they love it!