5/12/2009

Randomness

  • So, last week when I shared with you what was on my mind. One of those things was of course, dinner. My mom kindly pointed out that it was Cinco De Mayo. Duh? The one time of the year when we know what to make for dinner: tacos or take the family to a mexican place.
  • Monday was a long day for me.  You mostly carry on day by day with your kids, we kind of get in routines and get through the days together.  Then out of the middle of nowhere a suuppper slllllooooowww day.  That was Monday. I got to about 2 o clock and we, the kids and I, were all bored with eachother. The fighting and pestering one another started, they were hungry, and Tate has a cold. He was hacking and just snotty sounding. I checked the clock still only 2:15. How would I make until the kids' bedtime?
  • For whatever reason I feel like sharing this, it's an Ensign article I got when I took the Marriage and Family class at BYU. It's about determining how large of a family to have, and how to consider the number of children and pregnancies to have from an LDS ob/gyn. Click here for article. It's good with some great insight.
  • When I got married at 23, I had finished college and was working as a receptionist. The job wasn't that thrilling, I was doing the fax machine and phones for the office. All in all, I was excited and ready to take on the challenge of motherhood. We were living in a younger ward with lots of couples starting their families too.  One time in Relief Society I looked around and every woman, was either pregnant or had a baby on her lap. But, it took longer than I thought to hold my own first baby in my arms. About 3 years and a miscarriage. It was a hard time for me. The unknowns of will I ever be able to have my own baby. How many miscarriages will I have to endure? I thought it was terrible, just a terrible experience getting through the miscarriage. Not only emotional, but physically difficult too. Looking back now; I wish I hadn't been so worried and stressed about it.  3 years with just Chris and I sounds like heaven now.  I wish I would have enjoyed that time more, traveled more. It's hard though, when you worry about money in those early years of marriage.  I wish I had put together more F.H.E. ideas, fun projects for kids, toddlers.  Organized my kitchen, learned about what, how to cook. Prepared for my future home and family more. Just had fun. Oh well, that time is gone now, and when you're in the moment you do the best you can, because we don't always know what our future will bring.
  • Not sure why this is so random, it doesn't relate to one another, it just sort of spilled out of me and I felt like sharing.

2 comments:

Mama Yo said...

Great article - thanks for sharing! I love your Random Thoughts!

Karen said...

thanks for sharing. I always like hearing your thoughts. I really need to take your last piece of advice to heart. I keep wishing for things that I want right now but life is really good and we are happy. I should really just enjoy day to day things.