3/09/2009

Skiing with the Kids

Chris has been taking Lindy and Kyle skiing almost every Sat. this winter. He & the kids wanted to show me how good they were. Grandma Dianne was great to watch Sadie and Tate for the day, so we could head up the mountain together.
WOW, the kids were so good I could barely keep up.  See in the pictures, I'm always behind.
It was an amazing day. It was a great mom moment, when you realize your kids are growing up and doing things all by themselves. It didn't feel like babysitting, or taking care of them. Just hangin' out with cool people that are some of my favorite friends.
Chris, you are a great teacher.  Wow, thanks for being patient with them and teaching them how to ski. I look forward to many more memories skiing as a family.
P.S. It wasn't all perfect. Someone became very tired and irritable the night after and the day after.  We will keep their names annonymous. Okay, okay I was one of them, but I did have another bad cold, and skiing seemed to have made it worse.

3 comments:

MollyE said...

Wow, what a fun day! I didn't know that you were doing that! I think I should have Chris teach me so that I can keep up with my kids.

Karen said...

How fun! I didn't know they were learning how to ski. That is so great!

DANIELDOOZ said...

I didn't know you were skiiers! That's fun! Though we lived in the mountains of Wyoming for years, we didn't pick up a winter sport. Sad, but true!