3/10/2009

Do you get bored with Ranch Dressing?

I do. Then I make this: See in the photo, add buttermilk and mayo. Easy & Yummy! Remembering to buy buttermilk is the hardest part. P.S. Don't buy the ready made buttermilk Ranch dressing in a bottle, it tastes bad. Make the real stuff.
I also get this too, Kraft Poppyseed Dressing, it's delicious!
What's your fav salad dressing besides Ranch?
Oh yeah, one more thing, my friend a while back said not to buy generic salad dressings with wide openings at the top, because the whole bottle dumps onto your salad. Then you didn't really save money after all, because the dressing is all gone and your salad is ruined.
Buy salad dressing with good bottles that you can squeeze a little bit out at a time, then the kids can do it themselves too, even while you turn your head to do something else.

5 comments:

D-dawg said...

I've made that too and it is GOOD. I also love a raspberry vinaigrette dressing in a salad with fruit and stuff. And i have dumped the whole bottle out before and it is the worst.

now I have a question for you. I was looking at a blog awhile ago with a quote by Julie Beck about "prepare for swing shift." now I need the exact quote and I'm trying to remember who's blog it was one- was it on yours? Do you have the quote?

Thanks!!

Karen said...

Weston and I love to eat a salad that I created. I call it chicken, apple, craisin salad with rasberry vinegrette. Sometimes we get crazy and add walnuts. I recently saw a reciepe for a salad that had chicken, grapefruit and avacado in it. Sounds yummy for spring/summer

Amy Mak said...

I'm excited to try this. I'm sick of plain ranch! I buy the powdered buttermilk in the baking aisle and keep it in the fridge for just such spontaneous occasions.

DANIELDOOZ said...

Homemade Ranch is definitely better than bottled. We like (or I should say that I like) Kraft sundried tomatoe vinegarette (sp?). Great for something new on salads and a yummy marinade too.

MollyE said...

Yummy, this looks good. I tried the stuff in the bottle and I thought it was good. I like Kraft zesty italian dressing.