4/16/2013

Look for the Helpers

Often times during tragic events, I see this quote floating around in social media,

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me,
'Look for the helpers.
 You will always find people who are helping.'”-Mr. Rogers 

I don't know if this is an accurate quote from Mr. Rogers.
It doesn't matter whose quote it is, because it is true. 




As I was learning about the news events of last night and today,
I saw image after image, and video of people (too many to count) - helping.
They were everywhere.
I'm grateful for the helpers.

I'm also grateful for our inspired church leaders,
who gave us many messages of peace at General Conference
just about a week ago.
Messages of Peace,
even when life and events around us don't feel peaceful.



No comments: