7/16/2012

Things to Share


I could read or listen to this talk once a week.
The Laborers in the Vineyard by Jeffrey R. Holland

"Brothers and sisters, there are going to be times in our lives
when someone else gets an unexpected blessing or receives some special recognition.
May I plead with us not to be hurt—and certainly not to feel envious
when good fortune comes to another person?
We are not diminished when someone else is added upon.
We are not in a race against each other
to see who is the wealthiest or the most talented or the most beautiful
or even the most blessed.
The race we are really in is the race against sin,
and surely envy is one of the most universal of those."



I've actually been reading a little,
music helps me, and
I don't get as much movie/tv time during the summer,
but I still love watching a good show when I can.
When I do any of the above things, and I loved it,
I'll share it with you.

Check out my sidebar for my recent
songs, books, movies, or tv that I've enjoyed.


I've bought this new mascara at the beginning of summer.
I love it!
Maybelline's Great Lash was smearing too much,
and giving me too many dark circles.
I had used that mascara for years, and needed a change.



This is the ticket.
It has the best small brush for applying your mascara well.


At the beginning of summer I got a new church calling.
I was asked to serve as the primary secretary.



At first I was thrilled, but the more I get into the job,
 I can't believe how much work it is.
All the names of all the kids, all the teachers, all the rolls,
all the birthdays, all the talks, scripture, prayer assignments,
helping keep track of all the children who come less often,
all the baptism dates, all the advancement dates,
the primary program is coming up, etc. etc. etc.

Summer is a bad time to put me in charge of a new project.
Fall is also a bad time and so is Christmas.
I can accept the call next Spring.



CIRCUS
My life is a circus right now.
That's how my summer is going.
LOUD and LOUDER.

We have tried to keep things a little structured.
We've tried to give the kids activities to do.
We've tried to assign them jobs and work.

When all is said and done,
my children get bored quickly,
and they've outgrown our yard:
the swing set and the kiddie pool.

They stay up way past 10 in the evenings, the older ones,
and the little ones still get up early in the a.m.

I'm working round the clock, and I'm hot and tired,
and way behind on my secretary work, mentioned above.

I've also stopped cooking.
Because I'm hot and tired, and I can't think anymore.
We eat snow cones & watermelon.

2 comments:

D-dawg said...

Oh that last sentence made me laugh! I never take the time to comment but had to tell you I thought that was funny. I've not been loving cooking lately either. At least it's summer so that's kindof an excuse. I also love that holland talk.

Karen said...

I love clinique mascara. I wouldn't wear anything else. Snow cones and watermelon sound heavenly for dinner. Pretty much everyday for lunch we go to target to get slurpees. Fills the kids up until dinnertime. Can't wait to see you guys!!