7/30/2012

Cute as a Button


Last Fall/Christmas we went through a dishwasher leak disaster in our home.
Our hardwood needed to be replaced in our kitchen.
Our carpet in our family room, which is connected to our kitchen, also needed to be replaced.
All of our furniture from the family room was removed for the new hardwood.

After the flooring was redone,
and the Family room was completely empty
this left me with the potential to redefine how we use our family room.

Then, decide what decor and furniture could best fit our family needs.

1st step - Some additional seating.
I purchased these chairs on sale at Pier 1 Imports.
I wanted neutral, comfortable chairs.

But, the room still needed a little color pop!

Then, I got the idea to fabric paint the buttons on the chairs.
(Idea inspiration here.)




I love how it turned out.

I just used this fabric paint from our local sew/craft store, and a small paint brush.


I did 2 coats to help get the right color I wanted. I waited a couple hours in between each coat.

I put painters tape around each button to make sure I just painted the buttons only.


It was an easy project. Lindy, my 10 yr old, helped paint the buttons too.
I love the results.  It feels good when a home decor project goes right! Yeah for that!

Maybe, just maybe, I'll show you some other changes I've made to our Family Room.
No promises, though.

2 comments:

Karen said...

So so cute!! Great pops of color!! Show more, show more!

Stacey said...

Good idea, I like it!