5/26/2010

A new favorite chicken recipe



I got this recipe from RealSimple. We tried it last night.
It was real simple and everyone (including kids) thought it tasted great!
I think it looks good on a plate.
I think this is a great meal to make if you are having a dinner party or serving guests.
You don't have to spend all day in the kitchen, it looks delicious and is delicious.


Serves 4Hands-On Time: 15mTotal Time: 45m

Ingredients

  • 16 buttery crackers (such as Ritz), crushed (about 3⁄4 cup)
  • 6 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated ( I used about 3/4 c., it wasn't sharp)
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (I usually use garlic I get from a jar, that I keep in the fridge.)
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted ( I ended up using more butter, about 6-8 tablespoons)
  • wild rice pilaf and steamed green beans (optional)

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350° F. In a bowl, combine the crackers, cheese, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
  2. Dip the chicken in the butter, then in the cracker mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
  3. Sprinkle any remaining cracker mixture on the chicken and drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with the pilaf and green beans, if using.


The recipe suggests serving it with green beans and rice pilaf.
I thought that was a good suggestion.  FYI: I used a Rice-a-roni butter herb box.

1 comment:

Karen said...

yum, I can't wait to try it