7/16/2009

I'd rather be Maria, after all.


When I was a teenager, I wanted to be beautiful and gorgeous.
Graceful and stunning.
Instead I was short, clumsy, & silly.
People said I was cute, but I didn't want to be cute,
and it made me feel bad to hear it ALL the time.
Like I was a little 2 yr. old with pigtails or something.

Then, I discovered the character Maria. . .

She won the guy, her kids loved being around her, she climbed trees, wore drapes, had a bad haircut, frolicked in lakes, sang songs, did puppet shows, had confidence, loved nature, respected her husband and a father's role but spoke up when necessary, protected her family, and climbed every mountain.
Everything that I would like to be.
Maybe being cute isn't so bad after all.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You ARE Maria, and that is why we all love you to pieces! You are gorgeous, stunning and graceful, your short haircut makes you so, so keep climbing those mountains!

Karen said...

I love this post! I'm laughing out loud

Unknown said...

I love this post, too. A great description of yourself--I love it!~

MollyE said...

What a great post!! You totally are Maria! When will we hear the Wells family singers?