5/08/2010

"more priceless than pearls"

painting by Sandra B.  Rast

Happy Mother's Day to each of you,
all of you, no matter your circumstance.

Words from President Hinckley:

"My heart reaches out to you. I appreciate you.
I honor you. I respect you.
What a tremendous force for good you are.
You are the strength of the present, the hope of the future.
You are the sum of all the generations that have gone before,
the promise of all that will come hereafter."

"Do not trade your birthright as a mother for some bauble of passing value. Let your first interest be in your home."

"How much more beautiful would be the world
and the society in which we live if. . .
every mother regarded her children as the jewels of her life. . ."

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

To my oldest jewel, I appreciate you, I honor you, I respect you, and also, thank you for your fun, interesting and though provoking posts! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Karen said...

Oh I love this post. For some reason I needed this today. Saturdays are long after a long week and long work hours today. Happy Mother's Day

Janis said...

Thanks for the beautiful message! And thanks for all of the other posts. I read them all and take your advice when I can. Love my new makeup!!