3/02/2010

I've lost my marbles. . . .













and my wedding ring.

Yesterday I remember wearing it in the afternoon.
By the early evening, I noticed I wasn't wearing my ring.  I hardly ever take my ring off.
Sometimes I remove my ring for baking, when my hands get in the dough, or putting goop/gel/hair product in my hair.

Usually, it goes in a tight jean pocket, in a little bowl or nearby, where I remember taking it off, and place it back on as soon as I can.


I have no memory of taking my ring off. That's why I've lost my marbles. I have a vague memory of fidgeting with it.  Moving it up and down my finger. I've retraced my steps, looked in nooks and crannies, asked the kids, and I can't find it. For now my ring is missing. Missing!
This is so strange.

About 11 years ago, when I first was wearing it, I was at work, and noticed it missing. I panicked.
I hadn't been married very long, and was worried what Chris would think of me loosing my new wedding ring.  The whole office staff got involved to help find it. Later in the afternoon I found it in the phone book. I had fidgeted with it earlier when I was looking up phone numbers for a job task. Without realizing it  I had taken it off, and for some reason I had left it in the phone book. 
It's been 11 years, but I must have done something similar again. You'd think I'd learn my lesson:
Don't fidget with the wedding ring!
If I could just remember when & where I took the ring off, then we would have better luck looking and finding it.  This is a needle in a haystack. I don't even know where to begin looking.
I'm trying to be calm with hopes it will turn up, and that I will remember what I did.
Prayers have been said. My hand feels so strange with it missing, and I'm feeling sadder as the hours go by with no luck.  Oh well, each day has it's challenges, that's for sure.

3 comments:

DANIELDOOZ said...

Good luck Katie! I haven't worn my ring for YEARS--you kind of get used to how an empty finger feels....but that isn't going to happen because you're going to find it!!!! I used to wear a band--but lost it two years ago. My wedding ring needs to be repaired and sized. Someday--I keep telling myself. Someday! Have you heard Jamie Dunkley's wedding ring story? Lost it in the chicken coup. YEP! A big mess, filled with hungry chickens. Sounded like a hopeless cause. Until one of the Spjute boys came to help....after his prayer, they looked again and found it! A miracle! It's awesome--the faith of children!

Karen said...

OH I hate when I lose stuff. I have to say you do fidget with your ring a lot. So I'm sure it's in one of those super weird places that you will just happen upon one day. Go buy a fake one. They are so fun!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Oh how I feel for you. I lost my brand new sparkly ring when I was ENGAGED. Calling Eric too tell him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I lost it at the SLC airport and never did find it. This is my 2nd ring!