11/10/2009

The boys did this:

Smashed pumpkins onto the driveway by dropping them off our balcony.




So I did this: Made Pumpkin Puree for the first time.
It wasn't too hard. As you can see the boys, quartered and seeded
the pumpkins for me.


*You should use a small "sugar" or "pie" pumpkin (Each pound of pumpkin yields about a cup of puree). Stem, quarter, and remove the seeds from the pumpkin, then place the pieces skin side up on a foil-covered baking sheet. Bake them at 350 until tender, about 45 min. (Mine took about 60-90 min) Allow them to cool. Scrape the flesh from the skin of each quarter into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. To store the puree for future use, pack single cup portions in sandwich-size freezer bags labeled with the date. The puree can be frozen for up to 3 mons.
*(This recipe from FamilyFun Magazine Oct. 2009)


The boys also did this:
Did strange experiments with their halloween candy.

Later I read this conference talk:
I Love Loud Boys!
You can click on the above title to find it easy.
It's from the Oct. 2009 Priesthood Session; Great, Great Talk

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Any idea how you know if you have a sugar or pie pumpkin? I really should try this with the pumpkin I have left. Canned pumpkin is getting so expensive. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Katie said...

I don't know, unless the grocery store specifically says. I didn't use sugar or pie pumpkins. Just our leftover Halloween pumpkins.

If I make pie I will make sure I add enough spices and sugar.

Today, I'm going to try soup. We will see how it tastes.
I don't know, this is a first for me too.

Rebecca said...

I hope Amanda M. saw this, get ready, next Daniel will be smashing pumpkins!