10/13/2017

Weekly Web Finds

I love this painting by Angela Reichman.
She painted this after the Las Vegas shooting,
but she also had been thinking of recent news events around the world.
You can read more about the painting here.
Her inspiration and thoughts about it are very powerful, and helpful.


My favorite pumpkin treat recipe. I call them Pumpkinies

Of all the General Conference talks we heard last week,
this one keeps coming into my mind.

Good Parenting Advice

I've just been called as a Relief Society teacher in my ward.
My first lesson is this Sunday.
As I was preparing for Gordon B{e}. Hinckley's Lesson #20,
I re-watched this video from when Pres. Hinckley was interviewed
by Mike Wallace for 60 min.
This is what Pres. Hinckley said of the interview afterwards.

Happy Weekend.
I'm hoping to stay warm, visit this Barn Sale,
watch a couple soccer games on Sat.,
and not get too nervous about speaking in Relief Society after
many years of working in primary and young women's.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this picture too! It is comforting, it reminds me that there are angels on both side of the veil.

I really like those cookies you made! Fabulous!!!

Katie said...

Did you make the cookies? I know Karen wanted to.
They really are fun and tasty especially for this time of year.