6/18/2012

Chris was concerned for me

I wrote a post about being good at doing 4 things.
That's it. Just do 4 things well, and then you're a good housewife.

Chris was concerned about the 4 things that I listed I could do.

I told him THOSE were my 4 things that I was good at doing.

He said, "Couldn't I think of anything else?"

I said, "No."

Then, here's where it got interesting. . .
Right there on the spot, I told him . . .  . . THEN you name 4 things I am good at doing.
(My hands were on my hips at this point.)

Then, he knew he had just stumbled into a conversation
that is very dangerous to have with your wife.

I saw him going over his answers carefully in his mind.

But, to my pleasant surprise, he came up with his answers rather quickly.
Phew, crisis solved.

He came up with these 4 things.

1. He said I make delicious lemon bars.
Katie's Lemon Bar Recipe (recipe from my mom, of course)

1 C. margarine
1/2 C. powdered sugar
2 C. flour

Mix until crumbly (I wash my hands, and mix it with my hands, Rachel Ray would be proud.)
Pat into 9X13 pan for crust. Bake for 20 min. at 350.

4 eggs
2 C. sugar
1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. lemon juice (Fun to use lime juice too!)
1 t. grated lemon rind

Beat the above ingredients together. Pour over crust while hot (As soon as out of oven.)
Bake another 20 min. at 350. Cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

2. He said I'm good at feeding vegetables or fruit at every dinner for the kids.

3. He thinks I make cute kids.

4. He says I work hard at making sure the kids are entertained, so they don't have to work hard.
(I told him, I didn't really think that is something to be good at doing.)

Now, you can ask your husband to name 4 things he thinks you're good at doing.

He would have to answer, because he knows he'd be in trouble if he didn't.
And, it's not a trick question. You tell him that.

You'll be surprised to hear what he thinks are your 4 things.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Good save, Chris!

Karen said...

Very fun! I needed four compliments tonight and Weston said some very nice things. As for yours, you do make adorable kids, you are super good about making sure your kids eat fruits and veggies, and I don't like lemon bars but I have heard people rave about them. And you do amazing things with your kids. Most of my ideas I do with mine I get from you!!