2/21/2012

Do you have the Winter Blues?


I Do.

I cry when I hear Whitney Houston songs.

I've been in and out of being sick.

It's cold outside, not snowy, just cold.

My house is driving me crazy.
The clutter, the undone projects.

I have a lot of things I'm thinking about at this time.

My kids. . . they are changing.
They are actually growing up,
just like everyone said they would.
I don't know what I'm doing with them?
Am I their friend or their parent?
Do I let them play at so and so's house.
Should they watch that movie?
Is that video game ok?
Should Lindy wear long, dangle earrings?

Are we in the right ward at church?
Do my kids have the right leaders to guide them?
These next 10 years are going to be critical for my kids.
Are we in the right place?

I feel out of energy.

These are some things that are helping me:

Listening to this talk from Sis. Bednar from last year's BYU Women's Conference.
These 5 things helped her:
1. Going to bed early and getting up early
2. Exercise
3. Eating healthy, eating right
4. Meaningful Prayer
5. Meaningful Scripture Study

Following Elder Eyring's counsel to do a daily gratitude journal.

Listening to this Conversation with Elaine Dalton and her husband.
They were great.
They offered some insightful parenting tips.

This post from a blog helped too.

Painting my nails.
I'm hoping to paint them every Sat. night.
I'm trying Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat
TO BE CLEAR: This is a CLEAR top coat
Not red, not pink, just clear to be used over any color nail polish you have.
(My sisters read this post and were confused?!?)
Are we clear now?

So far so good.
It dried my nails in about a min. Perfect!
A few days in, no cracks or chips.
I think this will solve all my problems.




2 comments:

Karen said...

Having my nail party every Saturday has for sure changed my life for the better. I'm glad you are making that change. I'm also trying to go to bed earlier. I really want to be awake before my kids wake me up. It's not working but I'm still trying.

Kristen said...

Just catching up on your blog. I love it. Always makes me laugh and think. Wish we could get together in person one of these days. I think our kids would have so much fun together too. Miss you!