11/03/2010

Surfing

This is a random, random post.

I was born in Southern California.
The first 12 years of my life were in the Sunny LA area.
We went to the beach frequently, or so I remember.
I have many happy memories of the beach.
I love the beach, the ocean, the sand, the sun, the sounds of the waves, etc.
I also love watching surfing. I think it is an amazing art form.
I've never tried it, I know I wouldn't be good at it.
But I love to watch surfing.


I like to watch surfing movies too. This is one of my favorites:

I think it would be cool to set up a flat screen tv on a wall in my house and run continuous surfing movies on that screen as a picture and decor in my house.


Today in the news they announced that a world famous surfer Andy Irons died.
He was only 32, his wife Lyndie, was pregnant with their 1st baby due in Dec.
I felt sad. They think he died from catching a mosquito virus from a surfing event in the Caribbean.




That's the end of my random, random post.

1 comment:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

We were in Hawaii when Andy Irons died, it was big there, obviously. In fact, we went to Hanalei Bay (known for surfing) reeeealy early one morning because we were still on Idaho time. There were a couple of surfers watching the waves next to us and we heard one of them tell the other that he had heard through the grapevine that Andy had died. Sure enough, when we got home it was breaking news on the tv. Anyway, I love the idea of a continuous surfing tv screen. I'm a wannabe surfer too :)