12/14/2009

Last Minute Gift Ideas

I'm a big fan of anything by play-doh.  About once a month, play-doh entertains my kids for a good hour. If my kids are happy for an hour, then the toy is a huge success!
I make my own dough, but like to get play-doh brand toys.

Here is my play-doh recipe:
2 1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. salt
2 packages of kool-aid, any flavor (This gives the play-doh it's color. My kids have so much making all the different colors of kool-aid play-doh)
2 C. boiling water
3 T. oil

Combine the flour, salt, and Kool-aid. Add the water and oil. Then pour into the bowl of your dry ingredients. Stir to combine. (You may need to add more flour if it is too sticky. I often do that.)
Cool slightly, then knead with hands to form dough. I store the dough in ziplock bags or air tight bowls.
It stores great, for about 3 months.




I also think bath toys are great too. Foam soaps, bubbles, bath crayons, and all other kinds of bath toys.
In the winter months especially, my kids can be entertained for a long time playing in the bath.

Alex brand makes some great bath toys. Here is a link for some of their ideas, they have loads of bath toys. Target carries a lot of them. I think they are fun and clever.



1 comment:

Amy said...

Katie - I'm so glad you gave me your blog address in your Christmas card! I've had so much fun reading it! Your card was super cute, and yes I used the Costco coupon which made the cheapest, easiest, cards even better! I'm so glad you're a blogger. I used to be better but once in a while I post in cyberspace. Have a great holiday! Amy