5/15/2009

A Sparkling, Clean Kitchen


(Staged photo of someone else's sparkling, clean kitchen.
Not my kitchen, I repeat not my kitchen)
This segment is dedicated to those who frequent my home often. My kitchen is never sparkling clean. Those who live in and visit my home may doubt if I can clean a kitchen. I actually love a clean kitchen, I dream about them in my sleep. I usually only get to step 1 on the list. There are too many distractions in the day to get through each step. Step 22 is the main reason why my kitchen is never sparkling clean. 
How to Clean your Kitchen:
  1. Unload Dishwasher/Put Clean dishes away
  2. Load Dishwasher with dirty dishes, load properly so dishes will actually get clean
  3. Handwash leftover dishes that didn't get put in dishwasher. The awkward shaped ones, & extra soiled dishes.
  4. Declutter all kitchen counters
  5. Wash all kitchen counters with rag or wipes. Disinfect if needed.
  6. Wipe down stove top. Clean tough stains. Use elbow grease if necessary.
  7. Wipe down outside of appliances.
  8. Use special shine cleaner for the stainless steel appliances for added sparkle.
  9. Clean kitchen table.
  10. Clean kitchen chairs, Scrub hard. Look underneath, remove food.
  11. Add tablecloth, if you like
  12. Sweep kitchen floor
  13. Mop kitchen floor, usually best if you use a rag and get on hands and knees for tough spots
  14. Use magic eraser on baseboards
  15. Clean windows with windex
  16. Now dry hand-washed dishes. They should be dry if you left them in drying rack, if not dry by towel. Then put dishes away.
  17. Dishwasher cycle should be done now. Empty dishwasher.
  18. Children have been saying they are hungry every 5 min. while you clean.
  19. Feed them.
  20. Begin cycle all over again starting with load dishwasher.
  21. Cycle needs to be repeated at least 5 times a day. Often more.
  22. Never leave kitchen.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I have often wondered what I hate more....dishes or laundry. They are both awful because they are both never-ending!! It is nice to know I am not the only one who usually only makes it to step 1!

MollyE said...

I definitely hate dishes more. For sure. And I hate unloading the dishwasher. What a pain. I much prefer to load it. I think that is true with laundry too. Putting clean laundry and dishes away just seem like a waste of time.

DANIELDOOZ said...

Katie--you make me laugh! I think you should write a book. I love your perspective and personality, and I love the topics you choose to post about. My kitchen is rarely clean, I hate the clutter that accumulates there and can't figure out why I simply don't know what to do with it! A clean kitchen? Well, maybe I ought to hang a large photo of one (like the one you've posted)right on my kitchen wall. I can just LOOK at it!