4/19/2009

The Swing Set Report - 1 year Later

We, or I, debated for a long time if we should get a swing set for the kids.
Would the kids really use it?  Every house with a family seems to have one.
But, often the swingsets looked empty in their yards, like the kids are never using it.
Would it be exciting for a week, and then never get used again?
Last spring I was getting ready to have baby #4.
My kids were 6,4,2 and I was going to have 4 little kids all day long once summer started.
I was worried about how I would survive. Especially in the first few months of the newborn phase. I take months to bounce back after I have a baby. Just now, I'm approaching her 1 yr. b-day and I think I feel normal again. (I think.)
We decided to go ahead and get the swingset.
I'm happy to report, it's been a great purchase.
It is great, really. They use it regularly throughout the year. The thrill has not worn off.
Even Sadie is getting into the swing of things. It's also great when you babysit other kids, have families over, and getting kids away from the tv.
Swingsets come in all shapes and price ranges.
If you are thinking about it, like I was, debating;
I think it is a good purchase for a family of little kids.
My sister, Molly has this in her backyard for her kids. How cool is that? It's a teeter-totter, ride on thingy that's been known to have 12+ kids hangin' on. The kids love it, it hasn't lost it's thrill either.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Haylee can't wait to come get her hands on the swingset