4/10/2009

Embarrassed to Admit

I'm currently reading Midnight Sun. You can retrieve it here. It is the companion book to Twilight. It is Edward's voice, his story. It is fantastic, worth reading. It answers some of my questions. It explains why Edward falls in love with Bella. It was slow, over time and not love at first sight. It is a draft only, not edited, and some parts a little wordy, but you can skim it quickly and easily. In the beginning, I had a causal like for the Twilight series. I enjoyed the movie just fine. Then I watched the movie again over spring break, and a third time this week with Chris, who had seen it for the first time. I love it, love it. What a great story. It gets better & better with time. I think I love the story of the Cullen family. Their natural instincts, desires that are unbearably strong. They are truly monsters and killers. Yet, they've decided to rise above all of this. They've made a choice to be better, to rise above the natural man. To discipline themselves, to sacrifice. I think that is tremendous and something we should all strive for. They are also a family, deeply connected to eachother, sticking together through the ups and downs, supporting one another at all times. They truly need eachother to do what they are trying to do. To overcome their extreme desires. I think if either member of their family, were alone they would succumb. Only, through being united as a family, they are able to be successful, and do the right thing. I also discoverd more music related to Twilight that I'm enjoying. The piano music called Bella's lullaby. Robert Pattinson, the actor who plays Edward, is a musician as well. He sings this song and I love it, love it. I listen to it while I'm reading Midnight Sun. So Fun! Edward singing as you read about him falling in love. Perfect for an overworked mother who needs a little downtime and relaxation.

2 comments:

Karen said...

wow great twilight insights. Ok so I'm on page 105 and I'm pretty surprised all that Edward is going through in midnight sun. It's pretty intense

Heather said...

After reading this post a couple of days ago I decided to give the Twilight movie another chance. I watched it last night and I'm sad to say that for me it was bad the 1st time but gets even worse the 2nd. How can you watch it without laughing??!!!