3/12/2009

The Laundry Basket

I need new laundry baskets. After a few years of great service, they are breaking. I have loved them. They are big so it is easy to put all sizes of clothes inside, and they have handles for carrying all over the house. They also fold and collapse so I can place them by my washer, when ALL the clothes are put away. 
(Who am I kidding, the clothes are never put away, and I always have baskets around the house. But, I love that they collapse. I like the dream/idea of being able to put the baskets out of sight.) 
The thin material is pulling apart and the clothes fall out, when I try to carry them up the stairs The boys have removed the sticks from the baskets, to use as swords. The baskets don't really work without the sticks, and I'm tired of trying to find the missing sticks around the house.
See pictures below:
I've been looking at plastic laundry baskets, but they are so big and obnoxious. I think I will have to give in and get those.
Can't wait to see what inventive way the kids will use the new baskets.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Boats or cages. That is how my kids use the plastic baskets.

MollyE said...

I was just going to say, they make great boats!!