12/17/2013

A Baking Day

When I looked outside yesterday, I knew it would be a baking day.
It was Monday, and in the evening I was hoping to deliver some goody plates
to friends and neighbors for Family Home Evening with our family.

Perfect Ginger Cookie
 This recipe comes from my Grandma Wismer, my dad's mom.
They are double the size of your average cookie.
Fun for all ages.

Mix 1 c. of sugar, 3/4 c. shortening, 1/4 c. molasses, 1 egg.

In a 2nd bowl combine:
2 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. cloves
1/2 t. ginger
2 t. baking soda

Add the flour mixture to the molasses mixture to make your dough.
Form balls the size of an egg with your dough.
Then, roll the balls of dough in white sugar.
Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet.
Flatten the balls to the size of a cup.
Bake for 10-12 min. at 350.
They will be soft.
Remove from cookie sheet after 1 min.
They harden quickly.

Makes 1 dozen. (Easy to double)

Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
I tried it for the first time.
I loved them, so so good!

By the time night came around,
Brandon fell asleep earlier than usual,
and the rest of the kids were cold and cranky.
We only delivered a couple plates.
Oh well, it's how it goes.

But, I enjoyed my baking day.

1 comment:

MollyE said...

YUm!!! Sam was so thrilled that you came yesterday. Thanks for making that effort, much appreciated!!