12/07/2012

These are few of my Mom's Favorite Gadgets. . .

Last year as a gift to each of my 4 sisters and I,
my mom sent us one of her favorite gadgets every month.

As sisters we loved it! It was the highlight of our month!

They were simple, ordinary things. Not expensive items.
Just some of her favorite gadgets that she loves, and wanted to share.

Every time I use the items she sent, I think of her, and
it's fun to be in my sister's homes to find the same gadgets too.

I wanted to share them with you.
I also wanted to share her idea, of sharing her favorite things with us all year.
It's such a fun gift idea not just for Christmas, but a birthday, or Mother's Day, etc.
It was just like getting an Oprah favorite thing every month!

Here they are:

All Purpose Scraper
This is kind of a funny one.
It's a painter's tool, that most contractors have and use.
You can find it at your local hardware store.
It's handy to scrape food off your counter,
DIY projects, unscrewing little screws,
it can do almost anything that other tools just can't do.
You'll find you can't live without it,
and get two so your husband doesn't take yours.

Yankee Candle Air Freshner  Plug-In


A great brand for nice smells in your home.


"What Happens Under the Mistletoe Stays Under the Mistletoe" Sign
Cute Christmas Decor.

Blistex Raspberry Lemonade lip balm
The best lip balm EVER!
My mom swears by it.
I couldn't agree more.
Great for dry lips, a little flavor,
and makes for soft lips for under the mistletoe-wink, wink

Brownie Spatula
Every kitchen needs a great brownie spatula.
A tool just for brownies.

Wilton Ice Cream Scoop

This is pretty much the greatest thing you could ever own.
This ice cream scoop is triangle shaped so it's much easier
to scoop hard ice cream out.
I've never seen anything like it!
It works AMAZING.
Get one today and thank my mother and Wilton for this great gadget!
( My mother got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond,
and my Mother-in-Law used it and got one immediately at Michael's craft store.)

Bath and Body Works Holiday Foam Soap
Who doesn't love Bath & Body Works Foam Soap?
A favorite for sure!

Hershey's Kisses
No comment necessary.

Watermelon Knife by Kuhn Rikon (Switzerland)

Our family is fanatical about watermelon.
We love it.
This knife works wonders!

Precision Scissors by Scotch from Costco
These are great scissors.
They really are better than most ordinary pairs.

Here are my mother's own words about scissors:
"I had no idea I was such a scissors fan, until I got married. . .
As far as I am concerned, several pairs are an absolute necessity for managing a home.
The first time I realized how much I love scissors, was when we were newly married,
and I hate to confess that we were having a frozen pizza for dinner.
Missing from our wedding gifts was a pizza cutter.
I tried using a knife to cut the pizza into pieces, without much success,
so in desperation I grabbed a pair of old scissors and after a few snips, WA-LA!
The love affair began.  I kept the scissors in my kitchen drawer,
and began using them for numerous other kitchen duties, cutting bacon,
opening packages, cutting fat off of meat, sausage, etc.
Unfortunately because of their heavy use in the kitchen,
I never had a clean pair in my desk drawer.
So I bought another pair, you know, coupon cutting, trimming,
craft scissors for fun edges, projects, Oh my!
But then I needed some when I was doing laundry, cutting off stray strings, unraveling clothes, etc. . .
I started carrying a pair of scissor in my purse.
Then, I found that I needed a pair in my bedroom/closet.
I needed a pair to wrap gifts, curling ribbon, a pair to cut hair,
I started using them in my garden, for cutting off old blossoms, light pruning,
so I kept a pair in the garage, I needed a pair for cutting fabrics.
Well, I could go on and on, but as you can see, a girl can't have too many pairs of scissors . . . 
so keep chopping, trimming, shearing, clipping and stay sharp forever!"

Revlon Expert Tweezers


These are one of the best beauty tweezers you could own!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Our mom is pretty darn amazing!!!!!

Laura said...

That's awesome! I want to try all of these things. Great gadgets to make life easier. I love the scissors quote! It's so true!

Unknown said...

I love this list and what a fabulous idea to send favorites as gifts! Your mom is one smart cookie!

Melissa said...

Okay, now I want one of everything! :) LOL at the mistletoe sign~I love it. I need a good ice cream scoop especially, we have been through 3 in the past few years. Thanks so much for joining us~Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

What a great list of gadgets and there are several I could really use! Visiting from the favorite things party! ~Stacey @ www.realsouthernliving.com

Anonymous said...

My mom would LOVE that watermelon knife! Great suggestions!

Mimi said...

What a wonderful idea!! My favorites on the list are the brownie spatula and the scraper!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

What an amazing gift idea! The older I get the more I value practical gifts - not the piece of jewelry I really thought I wanted and then only wear 3 times a year. Love this. :)

Visiting from 320 Sycamore!

Meghan said...

I keep a ton of scissors around the house too! They are one of those things that you always need, but are always disappearing.