1/29/2009

PBS- Masterpiece Classics

Last year when I was 6 mos. preggers and in the middle of January. I discovered PBS was playing all the Jane Austen movies on Sunday nights. They even made a couple new versions. The movies were on until Spring right up until Sadie was born. I looked forward to it each week and it was a great way to get through the last months of pregnancy and winter. This winter I was feeling stuck in January and wanted my masterpiece to carry me through another winter.
I checked the website and to my great excitement they were doing it again. Thank you PBS (I promise not to complain and get angry when you have another pledge festival and interrupt my children's favorite tv shows.)
This week Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. Great Movie and Story.
Check you local pbs station on Sunday to see when it is on.


Last Week was Wuthering Heights. Terrible. Be Glad you missed that one


Side Note: Here is a picture of my sister Molly on tv working at the pbs pledge festival.
Isn't she great? We should all thank her for her such wonderful service.  You can tell she is having a great time.

1 comment:

Mama Yo said...

What a hoot you are! I've never gotten into Jane Austen. So sad, because two of my sisters and both of my sis in laws, AND my mother are. I'll have to give it a try. I know they were way into this last year... I'll let them know too! I'm glad you're blogging. You're such a great writer!

(ps - I get very irritated at the pledge festival too)