1/29/2009

Missing the Beach

I grew up So. CA. We visited the beach during the summer. I miss the beach.
Anyone know of a cheap way to get a family to a beach, a real beach with real waves?
Southwest Sales doesn't seem to apply to beach cities, and do I really want to drive 17 hrs./2 days with 4 small kids. Do I miss the beach that much? I guess not.
We tried last summer the OR coast.  It didn't quite work out. It was really windy and cold. Too cold to even put your toes in the water.  I had Sadie, a newborn, I came out for this picture, then spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the car.  My sisters and I are all trying to be happy in the picture below.  They were good sports.  Sadie was not. Oh well. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

I get cold just looking at that picture

Mom said...

It looks warm and inviting to me, who knu its cold and windy, don't tell anyone!

What is the source of the Pres. Uchdorft quote? I like it today. for me and Evie!