12/19/2013

2013 Favorite Things

All of these things I use regularly and have made my life a little easier and more fun in 2013:


 Love the size. It's ginormous!
Perfect for lots of hungry popcorn eaters at my house,
or for making double, triple batches of your favorite cookies.



Ipoint brand pencil sharpeners.
Buy at least 2-3 for around your home.
(The kitchen, computer area, study, craft area, etc.)
It will save your life.
No more dull pencils.
(I purchased mine from Costco)



My sewing machine my husband gifted for me from Costco.
The brand is Brother.
I don't sew as often as I would like.
And, I don't know much about sewing.
This machine does the trick for beginners or wanna-be sewers.
It's a simple machine without a lot of bells and whistles to confuse you.
It comes with a instructional DVD to help you get started,
and an easy go-to manual for any question or problem that could happen.
This machine has been great! Highly recommend.
The model I got is the XR7700, I think?


The music album by The Head and The Heart, Let's Be Still.



I made photo puzzles for a lot of my family this year for Christmas.
It was easy to do, and so far, the response has been positive.
A fun, unique gift.


Curious George tv show on PBS or netflix.
ALL of my kids from the oldest to youngest LOVE IT!




Revlon 1.25 " Cone curling iron
This cone shaped curling iron is great for adding curls/waves to my thick hair.
Can't live without this curling iron.
My girls like to use it too.




Sally Hansen Xtreme wear Nail Color.
Affordable nail color that chips less.


This is the mascara to get you through your life.
Every woman needs the right mascara for her life.
This mascara stays on through all the sweat, laughter, and tears.





Gospel Principles Manual from my
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint faith.
It clearly and simply defines the gospel.
I refer to it regularly for myself, my kids, and
when I teach from time to time at church.




12 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my goodness! I need that bowl! Great list. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I totally agree on the Clinique Lash Power Mascara. I got a sample bottle once and now I'm hooked.

Mimi said...

Ooh, new music to check out! Love the popcorn bowl! Merry Christmas!

MollyE said...

this is a great list. Why did I not get that bowl too?

Rebecca said...

We need to having a shopping marathon again and get that bowl and mascara for each of us!!!

Candice said...

Great list! I love that Gospel Principles book! I'm using it for my YW lesson this Sunday on spiritual gifts.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I must try that puzzle! What a fantastic idea!

Sally said...

I need to try this curling iron!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

That puzzle idea is so clever! I never would have thought of it! And someone just gifted me that exact mascara for my birthday - I was waiting for my current mascara to run out...but now I'm thinking I'll start using it tomorrow. :)

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Love that huge bowl!

Melissa said...

Hello, Katie! I have a wand curling iron, but it doesn't have the clamp. I was wishing mine did. We NEED that pencil sharpener. We are always looking for one and it seems the ones we do have don't work. Love the puzzle idea too! Thanks for a great list - Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

Great list! I should get all of these things!