4/18/2016

Softening Brown Sugar + An Easy Dessert Recipe

I have a large bag of brown sugar, that went really hard.
It became hard as a rock -
too hard to put in measuring cups, and bake with.
But, I hated to throw it out.
I googled how to soften brown sugar, and saw this tip:

Put your hard sugar in an air tight container with a piece of bread.
(I also put in a couple drops of water, too).
Then cover it with a lid.

I wasn't sure if it would work. I was a little skeptical.



WaaLah! It did work, I had super, soft brown sugar after a couple of days.
I love how this tip gives us a good reason to use the heels of our bread, too!

My soft, brown sugar was perfect for making this EASY, yummy dessert.
Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Bars
from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Recipe tips after making it a few times:
We like using less chocolate chips, and more caramel.
Give the bars enough time to cool (1 hour +), to cut and serve.

Image source from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

1 comment:

MollyE said...

YOu can also just throw it in the microwave for 20 seconds and it will soften it right up if you need it right away!